for stopping by. Browse
around, read a story, check out a link,
or visit my blog, the Accidental
me if you find something that strikes your fancy.
- Check out my review of my
favorite books of 2009 (pdf). Also, here
is a compilation of my annual book reviews from 2000-2009.
Are Not So Lucky" was accepted for publication in the Fall
2010 issue of Third Coast Literary Review.
- "Splinter" was published in Storyglossia,
- Visit my new blog, the Accidental
Akronite. I'll add a link to the menu at the top soon.
- Here is my review of my
favorite books of 2006 (pdf). Enjoy!
- "In The Jelly Ground" was selected by Silas
House as the winner of the Janice Holt Giles Fiction Contest
in Arts Across Kentucky
magazine. You can find the story here
what Silas had to say about it:
reading IN THE JELLY GROUND, I felt as if I had just read the work
of a great undiscovered talent. This is a beautiful story, made
up of wonderful layers that the reader keeps peeling back to reveal
a beating heart of character and plot. The sense of place is palpable
and well-used, the dialogue is always sharp and full of tension,
and the characters seem like real, living people to me. I expect
big things from this author because this is a great story. When
I read the last line of this story, I said 'Wow' aloud. It's that
- Check out the 2005 edition of my Top
10 Books of the Year (pdf).
- "Open Wide" took second place in the Annual Mercantile
Library Short Story Contest.
- Lots o' stuff happened. Took a trip in a 28-foot motorhome through
Kentucky to decide on a setting for a novel; worked on the novel;
collected some good rejections -- if there is such a thing; signed
with an agent.
- I just returned from a week in Bloomington at the Indiana
University Writer's Conference, where I got to meet and study
with writers such as Aimee Bender and Clint McCown.
- I was one of 14 artists to be awarded an Al
Smith Fellowship by the Kentucky Arts Council.
my logo is courtesy of my friend & designer extraordinaire,